Friday, May 12, 2006

That's unfortunate.

DYB is done. it's over, nothing else this year....and knowing the people in it this year, it will likely not be in existance next year. But just so everyone is clear, this is my own opinion. the only solid facts are that there are no more rehearsals, we're still without a leader, and we're not playing and the FORWARD 2006 event. Should I advertise for that? Should I be glad that other youth events were cancelled for this HUGE and GREAT event? It's too bad that there's nothing going on for youth across our division. it's a real shame.

on a happier note:
a nice little old lady gave me some pretty jewelry, that was friendly of her.
Claire's field hockey team is doing an amazing job, mostly because she's a fabulous goaly.
I'm "editing" some friendships.
Marcel is coming over after school today, and we're having a picnic with Laura.
Quench is at Glenmore tomorrow night. I thought about going, then I realised that no one other than Carlin and I (with a friend each) went to the Quench at our church. We get no support from other corps. I might not go. This also means that the 20 dollar fun night will be moved to 2 weeks from now.
Joey gave me a Mad Caddies CD last evening, and I like it a lot.

on a more serious note:
I slept no more than 2 hours last night.
Could everyone please pray for Chantal and Steven.
School is overwhelming and I don't like people. [with some exceptions]
everyone should come to the band concert next week. it's on tuesday, the 16th, at 7pm in Craigy Hall (U of C). Tickets are 7 dollars at the door. we're playing some great music...and I have solos (that in itself makes it worth it to go)
I hate that I have 5 exams this semester, but I'll survive them, since I can only study for 2 of them.
I don't like coat hangers.

on a goofy note:
I need to get Chantal's bra back to her.
I covered my laundry hampers with stuffed animals because I was too lazy to put all the clean clothes away.
It was too late for me to use the vacuum at 3 in the morning, so I picked all the little bits off the floor with my hands.
I'm looking forward to brownies.
my boyfriend is a rockstar, and a cheese puff.
Austin likes my hair, he thinks it looks cute on me (and he called me his bud)
Survivor on Sunday...9-12 yipee.
my hair is "copper blast"---quite orange indeed.

9 Comments:

Blogger ~m said...

maybe you should go because God is cool, even when glenmore youth aren't

Fri May 12, 12:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww, thanks for mentioning me :)

Fri May 12, 02:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You must be a musician because you have so many notes (lol)

Fri May 12, 07:20:00 PM  
Blogger Toes said...

mara: that's a good point, I do, however, find it difficult to worship God in an unwelcoming setting.

claire: i don't go a day without mentioning you at some point in time

anon: i think you're christine. it took me about 5 minutes to understand what you meant by "notes"

Fri May 12, 10:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was so hard to figure out because you are blonde!

Come to Quench!

Fri May 12, 11:37:00 PM  
Blogger Toes said...

i'm not going to quench.

and thank you...

Sat May 13, 12:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wrong. It wasn't Christine!

Sat May 13, 07:14:00 PM  
Blogger Toes said...

you're right, i should have realized, Mother, that Christine would have taken credit for such a witty comment.

Sat May 13, 08:00:00 PM  
Blogger Toes said...

la la la

Sat May 13, 09:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home